Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Weekend of Good Causes

This weekend started off with the Bean Benefit 5K Run. I recruited my mom and sister to run it with me. Even though I am still quite out of shape, we had BLAST running our first race in pure snow and slush. Karren beat me but I managed to stay real close to her the whole time. My mom was proud to be the second oldest running but placing well before last! Unfortunately the cold weather kept a lot of wusses from running. I'm so glad we did it though. I think I've decided that races are much more fun when you are running for a good cause and not necessarily just to place.
(Me and Karren during the race)
Mitch didn't want to run but he still woke up and came and cheered us on and took pictures of us. Plus it meant he got to come eat at Magleby's for breakfast afterwards.
Saturday just kept getting better after an awesome BYU win over San Diego State. Adrienne came and watched it with us, and afterwards we finished sewing her nursing cover! Wahoo, that is the first project done on my new sewing machine. Even though you can't tell, the cover is complete with terry cloth corners on the back, boning at the top so it can bow out for her to see the baby, and an adjustable strap around her neck!
Then that evening we babysat for my sister so they could go see the Carl Bloch exhibit. Afterwards Mitch and I went to downtown SLC to check out this hole-in-the wall place called Bruges (named after the amazing city in Belgium). We enjoyed frites (Belgian french fries) and a delicious waffle. We will be back there again shortly.

On Sunday, although not photographed, I played a musical number with my two sisters in my sister Katie's ward. So overall, I think it was a great weekend full of good causes. I hope to have a lot more of those.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I had to miss the Bean Benefit to go to Taylor's Basketball team fundraiser. I am sad I missed you though! What a great weekend!

Christa said...

I wanted to do that 5K but I was stuck in St. George. Nasty weather. Guess what though? I'm training to do a marathon in June. I'm so excited!
Sounds like a great weekend. I'm glad you guys found a resturant with your favorite Belgium foods, how fun!

Kate said...

You sure did a lot for me this weekend. We really appreciate it. I guess that means I'll have to forgive you for not accepting our lunch invitation.

Adrienne said...

I'm glad I could be your tag-along and watch the game. That game was sa-weet! Now we can {hopefully} get some choco cake after the game on Wednesday! PS. Your sewing help=excellent.