Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Sister In Need


Since there are about 6 of you who regularly read this blog, I feel it is okay to share this personal stuff here:

Remember this little Cutie? This is my neice Brynn, the miracle baby, who born at 1.5 lbs, is now able to walk around like other toddlers and hear with the aid of cochlear implants.

Her amazing mother, Natalie, is expecting another little girl. Unfortunately, this baby is coming with complications too. At just 24 weeks, Natalie is checked into the hospital again, with an order to be on bed rest at the hospital for 10 weeks. Apparently her cervex is as thin as it should be when the baby is at full term, and ready to go into labor. So she has to be on bed rest to be monitored and prevent going into labor so early. So while Matt is busy working, and Natalie is in the hosptial, Brynn needs a full-time babysitter and someone to feed her through her tube. I get to be the lucky one to go out first and help for a week!

This comes at a sad timing because with less than a month left before Mitch and I leave, there were so many things I wanted to get done, and people I wanted to spend time with. I am praying that I will make it home on time on Sat. the 14th to see Beautiful Mandy come out of the temple, but I might miss it by 20 minutes. Adrienne and I will probably have to celebrate our birthday's together in December, and taking Maddi and Ali out for their birthdays may be even later than planned. Date night with Stacey will be delayed, and I will miss parties with Jerusalem friends. But I would give this up and more to help my brother and sister in need.

That is the beauty of family. We always come first.

And isn't Brynn just so irresistable? I can't wait to be with her.

I will see you all before I leave, and thats what matters! Prayers for this little family are always welcome.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh I love this little baby! She is the sweetest thing. You will have a great time with her. Hope her mama and new baby can hang on! I'll be praying for them. Love you Heath!

Mandy said...

Heath, you are so sweet. You are right where you need to be, and if you miss me coming out of the temple of course I understand.

Love you Heath! We will keep Matt and Natalie in our prayers.