Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week At A Glance


Wow I can't believe I have been here for over a week now. There is so much to do and so much to see here. Today we went on a Geography field trip to the edges of Jerusalem. I got to see Bethlehem for the first time--I never realized how close it is to Jerusalem. It is only about five miles away. I learned so much about the geography of the area on the Judean plains, that now when I read the Old Testament, everything makes sense!!! I also learned that about 65% of the Old Testament takes place around the Benjamin Plataeu which is just north of the Old City. Probably one of my most favorite sites is the one from my balcony, which is where this picture is. i baught a beautiful scarf/prayer shawl. On friday we are going to the Western Wall, so I may have to wear it if I want to go all the way up to the wall. I cannot wait!

No comments: