Friday, September 19, 2008

Tel Aviv




Pictured: My roommates and I at the beach.
Pictured: My first falafel accompanied by a coke at a random vender on the street.

On Wednesday after Old Testament class in the morning, most of us headed over to Tel-Aviv for the rest of the day. We spent the day at the Beach on the Mediterranean. I forgot how awesome the water is--never once got hot or cold in the water, it was perfect. It was so clear too! I loved it! After the beach we walked around the city, I had my first falafel, and had a lot of fun. Tomorrow (Saturday) is Shabbat, where I will play the violin in Sacrament meeting, and then on Sunday we head out for Egypt for the week. So this is the last entry I will make for about a week. I will miss everyone a lot, and be very cautious so that I don't get groped. I really don't want that to happen and they have been talking about it so much lately. I'll be safe and smart!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Heath, what is a falafel? It kind of looked like a burger... ha.

Lizzy said...

Heath.. you are so cute! I went to your dad's office today and Katie gave me your personal blog. I miss you!

p.s. I didn't know becca snyder was there with you? cool

Heather said...

haha, a falafel is the equivalent to a burger in the U.S.--it is their common item found at almost any food place. But what it is is nothing like a burger. It is in a pita, has hummas and chick peas, and I am not really sure what else is in it, I'll ask my mom. It is an aquired taste though...They also have shwarmas, which are like gyros--shaved lamb in a pita with french fries in it--really really yummy!