Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3 years


Last night as the sun had already set, we walked around the high school track next to our apartment. Hand-in-hand we got carried away in a discussion about freedom of speech and the policies behind tax law (most if it I don't really get). Our voices hardly concealed the excitement as we played out future scenarios of living our dreams. What would we do if Mitch got this internship? Or what would it be like if we lived in that state (or country)?

3 years ago I married Mitch with dreams of what would come. Many of those dreams have changed but I still can't believe how much joy I have as the wife of this man. I've learned that it doesn't really matter what happens to us. Success or failure in whatever we dream--the only thing that truly matters is that I did it with him.

Love you Mitch.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Aww.. you two lovebirds:) You make such a good couple.

Unknown said...

you're cute. :)

Kate said...

Congratulations! Way to be married still.

Unknown said...

you two are the CUTEST!!!! ridiculously, crazily, the cutest! so glad i found your blog. :)))

Mandy said...

This is the sweetest post. I understand it completely.

Love you two!

p.s. your conversations are way more intellectual than ours. Tax law? What is that?