Friday, December 9, 2011

Childhood Favorites

Allison and Ali both posted about their favorite books during childhood. Reading about their favorites made me so reminiscent of what books I used to read over and over. I wish I had taken the time to go home and sit infront of our children's bookcase so I could refresh my memory on everything I loved. But I'll attempt without, and if I forget some of the most important, well--c'est la vie!

(Not in any order)

1. Little House on the Prarie by Laura Ingalls Wilder books--I can hardly recall what they are about but oh I remember late nights (for an 8 year old) reading these books and not wanting to put them down.

2. Go Dog Go by Dr. Suess. Probably one of the first books I learned to read and I loved those dogs.

3. The Berenstain Bears by Stan and Jan Berenstain. I loved all of the books and always wanted my parents to read them to me.

4. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. I hate the movie. Boo. A child's book so short isn't meant to be drawn out into a 2 hour movie.

5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. I love all the books, and the first isn't my favortie--but this is the one that started it all for me. I still remember the first day I heard of Harry Potter in the 5th grade. Matt Lind was talking about it and I thought it was some sort of baseball book that only boys would like. Oh was I wrong.


I know I have so many others, but this was fun just so skim the top. What were your favorites? Did I leave out some of the most important ones?

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh I'm glad you shared your faves! I already have a growing collection of children's books at my parents' house. haha. Love you Heath!

A Mitton said...

I forgot Little House on the Prairie! Those were so good.