Monday, November 8, 2010

Praha

Prague was one of the highlights of our entire stay in Europe for sure. This city is a MUST-SEE in Europe. It really is one of the coolest, most impressive cities. Every where you turned in Prague you had an awesome view.

Besides being in this amazing city, we got to stay with Mitch's cousin Heather and her awesome family. It was sooo nice to be in a house again with delicious home-cooked meals and kids running all over the place. We truly felt at home.

This is what Mitch and I will look like in 12 years with six kids. . . these are Heather's kids that we got to hang out with. Sooo cute!

Heather and Spence took us out to eat at an authentic Czech Resturaunt in a small little town. It was super yummy. I am not a fan of the pickeled cabbage however. After dinner we went and saw Prague at night.


"Czech" out Chuck Norris--I was so excited to come up with that to put on the blog
For some reason he is everywhere in Prague. . .

Throughout Western Europe I could see the scars of the world wars. But in Prague, it was different. I saw the scars of communism. The patches in the columns are all spots of bullet holes from 1989. Cool huh?
This dark, ugly, cement building is a communist-era building. Most of Prague has beauitful, ornate buildings, but every now and then you see these ugly buildings that remind us of the past.


It was a wonderful trip and we hope to make it back there some day.
Thank you so much, Darrington Family.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Prague looks amazing! I can't wait to see more pictures. It sounds so much fun! I love your "Czech out Chuck Norris" joke. hahaha! So clever. I'm glad you guys are having such a great semester!

Adrienne said...

Looks like a blast! You would make great parents of 6! Be sure to bring all your pictures back to tell us of your stories and adventures.

Mandy said...

I like your jokes, and I want to go to Prague someday. Missy went there and stayed in a creepy hostile but still said it was one of her favorite cities too. That's so neat that his cousin lives there!

Kate said...

I went to Praha too, did you know that?