Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What Child is This?

I want you all to hear a song, and if I were at home, I would post it with this for you to hear; but since I am not, I will have to do it later. The song is "What Child is This?". But I want you to listen to one version of it by April Moriarty and Todd McCabe. You see, this song is Special to me. Let me tell you why:


April Moriarty is one of the most influential people in my life. She was my violin teacher, but she was so much more than a violin teacher. She taught me LIFE! She taught me how to make beauty out of the hard parts of life. She pushed me. She was tough on me, but yet she was so tender to me. She showed me how to take something you love, and bless other people with it. She taught me how to multi-task. She taught me that there are no room for excuses, you CAN do everything you set your mind to. But most importantly of all, she taught me through example the Love of our Savior, and his purpose for coming to this Earth.


Back to the song. I think this song is so beautiful because of the thought that April put into it. Imagine being in the place of Mary. Imagine the feelings Mary had as she sat holding her first baby, knowing that she would have to give him up to fulfill his purpose, but for that one silent night, he was her baby. Imagine holding Jesus Christ as a baby. And listen to this song. I think it captures the sacredness of the feelings Mary went through.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Beautiful. I remember in Nazareth thinking about Mary and being so impressed with her strength. I can't imagine the weight of her role. Amazing. Jesus is the Christ. Merry Christmas!

Mandy said...

This is so beautiful. April is a very special person, and I love this arrangement.
Love you Heath.