Friday, September 18, 2009

Tradition




Two highlights from another week of school, work, and married life:
1) Mitch and I watched Fiddler on the Roof (which explains the title of this entry). It is a great musical--especially now that I have truly lived and experienced a lot of Jewish culture (the picture with the two hats are from two orthodox Jews). Naturally I cried a lot during the movie . . . I attribute that ability to both of my parents. The only problem abuot watching Fiddler on the Roof is that everyday I have at least one of the songs from that musical stuck in my head. Right now I picture Tevyeh (spelling?) pushing his milk cart as he yells "Tradition!" and then the song starts playing in my head. When will it ever stop? Who knows....
2) I found the busiest time of day on campus! If you stand in front of the JFSB at 10:53 a.m. you have a good chance of getting plowed into. It happened to me on Wednesday. I was trying to make my way to class at this exact time. I could not believe how crowded it was (I much prefer spring and summer terms--no crowds, just lovely weather)! So as I am making my way to class, this girl plows right into me. She looked up and apologized and quickly scurried past me. I couldn't believe it. Somehow she figured she could still stare at the ground as she walked through the masses and dodge people. Well, sure enough, about 6 seconds after she rammed me she plowed into someone else. I can't blame her though. cause no one could get through the crowds without hitting at least 7 people. It was pretty exciting. I thought it would be appropriate to post the snap of my feet in honor of all the walking I do around campus now. Yay for feet!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Yay! I forgot about your blog because I was blocked from it for a while. But I'm glad I can read it now! Love you heather feather. And your delicate feet.