Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kindred Spirits

I love Anne of Green Gables. I remember saturday mornings growing up I would watch it with my sisters. I love the way Anne would describe those she loved as "kindred spirits."

I feel this way about my sisters. One of my older sisters called me today in desperation to find my dad and ask him for advice. She confessed to me that she has a painful breast infection (the most painful she has experienced) and that she went to a doctor today who would do nothing for her. She began weeping and I could hear her baby crying in the background too. I started to cry too. I wanted so badly to reach through the phone and hug her and tell her it would all be okay. But I couldn't. My heart aches knowing someone I love so much is in pain.

I can only imagine what it will be like when my own child is the one crying in pain. But for now, I am so grateful for kindred spirits in my life. I am so grateful to know that I love some people enough to be in pain when they are in pain.

No comments: