Monday, February 27, 2012

FFO

Growing up in a big family, I got to go on many family outings. Some of them were "forced family outings", others were simply "fun family outings", and my favorties were the "fantastic family outings." Looking back I think I consider them all fantastic because I now appreciate any family time. But as a pre-teen sometimes I didn't have that sense of gratitude and maturity.

Anyway, I never blogged about an FFO that we had during Christmas break. My sister Megan was playing in the Transiberian Orchestra concert and my parents were so generous to take us all to see it.


Dinner beforehand. So yummy.


I had to add this picture because these two are simply the best.


The beautiful cellist. She is the reason we got to have such a great time.


The concert was rocking. It was super loud and intense but I loved it. The light show was complete with flames and lasers. For those of who you aren't familiar with the Transiberian Orchestra--don't be decieved. Its nothing like an orchestra concert. The orchestra part is tiny (there were two cellists, one was my sister; 2 violists; and 4 violinists.) The main part is 4 electric guitars--it is a total rock concert with all the long-haired guitarists banging their heads, back-up dancers, and more black leather than there was in the show Grease. It was a total hoot and I'm proud of my mom for watching it.



One a random side note--I never realized that Crabs have TEETH really similar to ours on their legs. Totally freaked me out when I realized it. What do you think?




3 comments:

Bryan said...

I'm mad at myself for not knowing you have a blog until now. But I forgive myself for finding it.

A Mitton said...

Your SISTER is in Transiberian Orchestra? That is too cool. Man.

Ali said...

Oh my goodness. How amazing that Megan was in it!!! She is amazing and your family is so fun.