Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flowers

I never really understood that there is such an art about floral design. Who knew there could be a big text book all about floral arrangements? Well there is, and I'm currently loving it. I can't believe I'm just now understanding the potential benefits of having a mother who loves flowers so much that she even gave flower tours at Temple Square. Maybe I was meant to work hard at economics just to become an expert florsit, or maybe not. But now I look forward to having my own garden one day that looks like my mother's. Where I once saw a lot of weeding and deadheading every morning during the summer, now I see the satisfaction of working hard to create something beautiful. And who knows, maybe I'll even be able to create a flower carpet as beautiful as this one. . .

. . . wishful thinking, I know.

5 comments:

A Mitton said...

I know it's strange, but one of my favorite things to do in June was pull the dead flowers off the rhododendron bushes in our yard at home. It was weirdly satisfying, and not particularly difficult. Although they were large bushes and I often got poked.

Christa said...

Ilove that you are taking a floral design class. It sounds great...and now you'll have a new talent that will benefit you in many ways throughout your life, I'm sure. :)

Adrienne said...

Flowers are so beautiful! You should definitely be a florist!

Kate said...

Where is this flower carpet?

Mandy said...

Teach me!