Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween

So Halloween is totally an American imposed holiday here. The kids do not dress up and go trick-or-treating, but all the stores still sell halloween decorations anyway.


Hooray for our ward that threw a Halloween party for the primary and youth so the kids did get to have a trick-or-treating experience. Mitch and I were recruited last-minute to help with the party since we are in the primary now. So we came up with very improvised costumes.


Mitch was a pirate. He had way too much fun planning his costume instead of doing homework. He used our umbrella for his hook and made a sword out of wooden spoons.
I was a cat with some creep gummy fangs. I made my ears out of our cereal box. The red eye makes me look scary! I bet you wouldn't like to get bit by me!

These are some of our cute primary kids getting ready to do the donut eating contest.

Mitch is trying his hardest.


And today, one of my supervisors--the sweetest lady, got me this chocolate jack-o-lantern stuffed with chocolates! She said she wanted me to enjoy this because she knew that otherwise I would be missing Halloween back home! Cute huh? It made my day!
Anyway, we are celebrating Halloween this weekend in LONDON!!!!!
What are you doing? HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

You actually do make a creepy cat... :) Clever! And I am glad you have a nice supervisor who makes you feel at home on Halloween.

Christa said...

well London sounds boring compared to a Utah Halloween. You're really missing out Heath. Ha! I'm just trying to make myself feel better. Nice costumes. We still don't know what we're doing. I guess we'll figure it out soon.

Ali said...

Sweet costumes! Those remind me of our Jerusalem costumes. hahaha! Have fun in London!!

A Mitton said...

I love your costumes. Mitch is an awesome pirate.

Have fun in London! So jealous.

Adrienne said...

Heather, you do look a bit creepy, but Nathan LOVED the wooden spoons idea and was trying to figure out how he could do it. :D Hope all is well for you two.. and we're counting down the days until your return!

Kristina Ricks said...

Fun. You guys are great. I hope London was as good as Orem was for Halloween! :)