Monday, October 18, 2010

Callings

Mitch and I got a calling in our ward--primary workers! We were excited but a little nervous because we were assigned to the french-speaking sunbeams (the youngest kids). That meant just Mitch could really communicate with them. So Sunday we went to primary for the first time, and when it was time for music time the Primary President said, "okay, you two are up!" What!?!!? We didn't know we were in charge of music time too! So we winged it on the spot. And to top it off the primary program is in a month--two Sundays of which we will be gone. So we have two more times left to practice with the children before the program. Don't worry, its not like we have to learn all these new songs in English; no we get to learn them in French too, and even sometimes in portuguese, russian, and sign language! (thank goodness I took ASL 101 recently). I'm sure the program will turn out great cause the children are so stinking cute, but it won't be because of my fabulous french pronunciation and conducting skills. Needless to say, Mitch and I will be praying for help the next few weeks! Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Crazy Heath! They couldn't have called two better people though. Luckily when you have kids you can choose which language to teach them- this will be great preparation :)

Kate said...

Sounds crazy, but I think you two will pull it off splendidly.

Christa said...

Oh my gosh Heath! We just got called as primary workers too...I was a little nervous about it too... But your experience is way more intense than mine. That is crazy about the primary program, i'm sure you guys will do great though. Good luck!

A Mitton said...

Okay, this is the best thing I've ever heard. I would LOVE to see Mitch in Primary, especially in charge of the music. (You, Heather, are fabulous I'm sure.)

Kristina Ricks said...

How fun! You guys will be wonderful.