Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Decisions

I am taking ASL next semester! I can't wait. I think it will help me get a good start in learning sign language. I think my whole family wants to learn it so we can all talk to Brynn. Natalie (my sister-in-law) tells me that the hardest part about being deaf is the feeling of isolation. My whole family loves Brynn so much, we need to know how to show her that with more than just a hug or kiss.

I sent out a resume to a market research company in Salt Lake. It is the first time I have applied for a job (thanks to dad who already had an awesome job for us to do growing up). Who knows if it is really the job for me, I still need to find out more about the group, but it is a good start, and I am really interested in what they do! Especially because they apply economics so much! Thanks to my MCOM 320 class, I actually had a resume to send.

Mitch is going to apply for law school. That is the route he wants to do before trying to enter the foreign service. We are hoping he gets in to BYU's law school so that we can have more time in Utah.

I finally made a decision for my research topic in my econometrics class! I am going to determine the impact of beauty on wages.

And, I'm going to end here and go work on my project!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Neat Heath! I'm glad I found your blog finally.. haha. You're now officially a part of my friend list.

I think thats awesome you're taking ASL! I would love to learn it.. and I'm positive you'll get what ever job you want.. because I'm sure your resume is amazing you little straight A er