Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sacrament Meeting

Okay, so I had already experienced the spectacular view of the city from the auditorium where they hold church services and concerts, but Sacrament meeting put it on a whole new level. i had this overwhelming experience as I took the sacrament and looked out across the city right where Jesus had been. It puts the meaning over the sacrament on a new level for me. I could not help but cry the whole time. And ofcorse the spirit made my heart race that the girls next to me could notice how fast my heart was pumping. So, as you all know, the only way to get rid of that is to get up and bear tesitmony, which I did. I have been studying a lot about the Muslim religion before this trip to prepare, and I will be more while I am here too, as well as Judaism. Sometimes as I read about Islam I would get troubled as I realized how much truth and similarities Islam has to the LDS church. But I know that they do not have the whole truth, most importantly in the fact that Jesus Christ truly is the Son of God. He is the only way, and I love him. The Church of Jesus Christ is the true church! I know it with all of my heart. Wow, I knew I was going to have some amazing experiences before I came, but I never expected to feel like this and so soon after I got here. I love it here.

No comments: