Friday, September 5, 2008

The Center

We arrived at the center--coolest place ever! I can't even describe how beautiful the view is from my patio, I am in love! I just sit outside and do homwork in the evenings while I listen to loud speakers of the Muslims' call to prayer. It sounds so cool. The month of Ramadan is going on, so we even hear the call to prayer at 4:30 in the morning to wake people up and eat before Sunrise. It is awesome. Classes have officially started. We are not allowed to leave the center today because it is friday--the muslim sabbath and first one of the month of Ramadan. Apparently muslims from surrounding areas all come into Jerusalem, so it is too dangerous for us to go out today. Bummer. I can't wait to go explore the city. We went on a orientation walk around the city to get familiaized with our surroundings, but it is not enough, I want more!! I can't get enough of the city. It is so beautiful and so sacred.

No comments: